Logo

what year and hp

ceyboatus

i have this 16 jon boat with a Mercury outboard and I dont know the year or Hp. Can someone help, the serial# guides didnt have it.
Serial # is 9348761
Mercury outboards

B4822 Verviers
made in Belgium, appreciate the help

hey boat_tec, my carb is missing some choke assembly parts, it would appear that they are discontinued. Would you know of a suitable replacement carb or someplace to buy used stuff?

hey boat_tec, my carb is missing some choke assembly parts, it would appear that they are discontinued. Would you know of a suitable replacement carb or someplace to buy used stuff?
Here is a few shots in the dark, Good luck.

http://www.outboardparts.com.au/
http://www.maxrules.com/
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...A&ved=0CAsQvwUoAQ&q=old+mercury+parts&spell=1

Also you could try finding all the part numbers in the first link I posted and try calling SEA WAY MARINE INC, IN SEATTLE WA, AT 206-937-7373 to see if they have any in stock.

Post the part numbers you need if sea way and the other links i just posted do not have the ones you need.

What year and Hp?
Hi everyone, i have same problem here, I've got mercury outboard serial number 9545856 marine power Europe B4822 Berbier Made in Belgium, Does anyone can help me to find out what year the engine has been made and what horse power it is...Thank you very much

i have boat with a Mercury outboard and I dont know the year or Hp. Can someone help, the serial# guides didnt have it.
Serial # is 9390163
Mercury outboards

B4822 Verviers
made in Belgium, appreciate the help

HI all,

could you please advise - i have boat with a Mercury 20 HP outboard and I dont know the year and model (20 (2 CYL.), 20 JET, 200, 20, 20XD (2 CYL.)). I think this is a model 200, 20 hp but want to make sure because there is a lot of models with this engine.
Can someone help me:

Serial # is 9334511
Marine Power Europe

B4822 Verviers
made in Belgium, appreciate the help.

That is a Yamaha built Mariner.

It came off the assembly line in 1986.

It was an electric start, long shaft (20"), twin carb with auto-blend (in line oil injection) from factory.

It is a "clone" of a Yamaha model 40FEML that was built between 1981 and 1983.

If using Merc's on-line parts listings this will be listed as a model "40C twin carb with auto-blend" and the serial will read as 6E9-425XXX

I am not aware of any factory manuals for these. You can get a Seloc's manual "Mariner 1977-89, 1&2 cylinder" (Seloc's #1400) available in print or download - it's decent enough for general repairs and typical maintenance.

Last edited:
HI all,

could you please advise - i have boat with a Mercury 20 HP outboard and I dont know the year and model (20 (2 CYL.), 20 JET, 200, 20, 20XD (2 CYL.)). I think this is a model 200, 20 hp but want to make sure because there is a lot of models with this engine.
Can someone help me:

Serial # is 9334511
Marine Power Europe

B4822 Verviers
made in Belgium, appreciate the help.

hi All,

finally I have received a book for my engine and now everything is clear: View attachment 13295

but the question is what kind of engine is in that service manual: http://************/lib/mercury/manuals/mercury_1965-1989_2-40.html#/474
i need to know everything about carb and rest of construction. I dont see there 20HP from that year of production :)
Hi there, glad you found your info inside that owners manual? Sure helps a lot being a Belgium made engine as they are tough to figure out what year, etc..

As for the service manual, it appears what you should be using/buying is OEM Merc part number 90-86136--1 that covers engine models 4 Gnat/90cc Sailpower 4/4.5/7.5/9.8/20/40 All Serial numbers which isn't available free online. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=90-86136&_sacat=0

The free one in your broken link above is not the correct manual for your engine model due to the Belgium serial number range is not within your serial number range. Your serial number starts with 9 and is/has only 7 numbers to complete the full serial number. The free manual is a later (possibly different) model/engine model and the serial number starts with 09 not just 9 like yours...Here's another look at what the free manual is covering for engine years/models, 90-826148R03 / July 2003
30/30 Marathon/30 Sea Pro/40 40 Marathon/40 Sea Pro (2 Cylinder)
(U) 0G053314 and Above (B) 09855139 and Above

Hope this helps, good luck.

Good day. I have a Murcury outboard with Serial number 9496055.
It is a B4822 Verviers man in Belgium.
Can you please jhelp me find the year, model and Hp of this motor?

Hi Stefan Lourens, would happen to have any idea of what the engine HP should be? Maybe a few photos of the engine will help other members recognize the engine better too because sometimes Belgium and other international made engines can be difficult to identify at times.

[PDF]
Mercury Outboard Belgium Manual B4822

Searching the B4822 number it seems I may have found a service manual for this engine and the first image of engine HP range specifications suggests the engine HP range may be between 40, 50 or 65 HP (AKA (402) (500) (650) possibly indicating the engine year to be around 1978 or just a bit newer though the serial number alone 9496055 for the same HP ranges 40 - 65 would show the year to be 1987 as listed in here, http://www.autorepairmanuals.biz/page/609764

Here's A link to the manual I located but the site says In order to read or download mercury outboard belgium manual b4822 ebook, you need to create a FREE account...Download Now!
https://thepopculturecompany.com/mercury_outboard_belgium_manual_b4822.pdf

We allow mercury outboard belgium manual b4822 and numerous books collections from fictions to scientific research in any way. in the midst of them is this mercury outboard belgium Mercury

Don't often disagree with boat_tech,I get that Belgian built number coming up as '85,file:///C:/Users/ADMINI~1/AppData/Local/Temp/us-europe-2.pdf If that link doesn't work http://download.brunswick-marine.com/download/dosearch/@isnew/desc?mod=17&lang=EN&categories=Outboard$ Pic,number of cyls would help. Though I doubt if there were many changes between '85 and '87

Good day.
I'm sorry disturb in that topic again, but I also have a Mercury Mariner Motor and did not find my serial number in the serial guides or there were contradictory statements in several guides.
My serial number is 9513380 and the motor seems to be a 9.9 HP motor. The seller told me it has a 15 HP
carburetor, but i don't know if that is the case either. On the carburetor is a plate that says "WMC 2657" and "17B".

Would be nice if someone has information on the building year of the motor and possibly about the HP of the
carburetor as i don't know if it has 9.9 or 15 HP.

Thanks alot in advice!

Greetings from Germany. :)

That is a Belgian built Merc/Mariner and the number makes it 1988. I can't really help with the carb,I think the size of the jets and porting govern the HP

That is a Belgian built Merc/Mariner and the number makes it 1988. I can't really help with the carb,I think the size of the jets and porting govern the HP
Thanks a lot for the help with the year and the information about where it was build!!

I also thought that the carb was the same and only the jets are different for the 15HP model. But the seller told me he had to change the whole carb.
Don't know if thats the case but the motor does not run smooth with it on higher revs. I think I'll try and get an 9.9HP carb and see if theres something different about that.

If someone has any information on the carb I would really appreciate it.

Hello

I have a mecury outboard 4hp 2-stroke. It has the serial number 09619480,
It says on the badge that its made in belgium B4822 verviers.

I cant seem to find any imformation about the engine online. If anyone has any information, it would really helpful,

Hello, where does everyone check the engine model and years through the SN? I’ve been trying to look up mine but can’t find any results. My sn is 9427526, thanks a lot

Hello

I have a mecury outboard 4.5 hp 2-stroke. It has the serial number 9339587,

It says on the badge that its made in belgium B4822 verviers.

I cant find any imformation about the engine online. If anyone has any information, it would really helpful. Thanks

Back