Logo

'1989 or '1990 245 Vista

RobH

My best friends dad recently bought a '89 or '90 Four Winns 245 Vista with twin screws and just found out the starter on the starboard motor is in need of maintenance. The first time they took it out, it flat out didn't work. Port motor started fine, starboard played anchor. The second time they took it out, both started fine.

As I also work for them and am the company/family "Utility Player", he'd like me to take a crack at it. My problem at the moment is trying to even find the silly thing. I've looked around the 'net to see if I could find any schematics or info with no such luck. If anyone out there can give me some help with this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Re: '89 or '90 245 Vista

Not sure what you're looking for...wiring diagram for the engine? If so what size are they?

Sorry if my original post was unclear. What I'm looking for is either a schematic, or someone, to let me know where the starter is on the starboard engine, and/or how to get at it. I've been trying to look around in the compartment and I'm not able to figure out where it even is to check it out.

You still haven't told us what size the engines are, different engines can have the starter in different locations and don't take this the wrong way but if you haven't been able to get down in there and see the starter by now I'm not too sure your going to be successful in fixing this problem. If I remember right the 245 was big enough to have engine hatches in the floor that you have to pick up, although I have never seen a 245 with twins, always a single 5.7 this thing must have twin 4 cyl and I can imagine it will be very cramped down there.

Back