Logo

4.3L Merc EFI not getting Fuel @ Throttlebody

Manda-Tori

I just replaced my old one piece exhaust manifold/risers with the conversion kit to the two piece manifold and risers. All went well and when finished engine will not start. I can't help but think I am the cause. I checked all connections & fuses. All look good. Engine wants to start but I am not getting fuel at the throttlebody. I checked fuel filter/water seperator & verified all fuel lines are clear. I bypassed the relay for the electric fuel pump and all I get is a clicking. I don't know if that is normal test or if it should have pumped fuel for this engine. I also must say this was the first attempt to start since I winterized it at the end of last season. It always started with no problem, even after a long winter.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks!

I bypassed the relay for the electric fuel pump and all I get is a clicking.

You don't give a year. If you jumpered 12 vdc from the battery (fully charged?) to the fuel pump hot wire and it did not run then it would seem the pump is shot.

It's a 1999. Battery is fully charged, and did jump to pump's hot wire. Yes, it does seem pump is shot. I was hoping not because of where it's located it's tough to get to.

Back