Logo

AQ130 Exhaust Manifold

Hi all, still working on my boat very slowly, I have completely rebuilt my AQ130C, installed a new oil cooler, but my exhaust manifold is corroded thru.
My questions are :

Does anyone have a manifold for a decent price?
What is the purpose of running water through the manifold? I can plumb the water into the thermistat housing and then back overboard with no problem. Cars do not run it through the manifold so why do I have to on a boat?

Thanks Rob

If you don't mix water with the exhaust gas, you will burn the exhaust pipe, the rubber hose, the transom shield, and the outdrive. And if you divert the exhaust overboard without cooling it, you will have a very hot pipe which will burn the hull and increase the risk of fire.

I've seen them on ebay quite often. New ones run about $400 with prices for used ones all over the place. Welcome to the world of old boats and the land of "That thing cost how much ??? :eek:"

I can hook up the manifold like stock but run the inlet water to the thermistat, and the outlet water still stock dumping into the exhaust at the elbow on the end of the manifold. would this still be to hot for the outdrive

Thanks Rob

Back