Logo

10 years too late invention

hystat

Outstanding Contributor
was just thinking how easy it would be to make an outboard bracket that mounts on a stringer intermediate. I'm no designer..haha... just a bad idea guy

cast aluminum dowel that bolts in the trunnions (A), then sits in the dowels below the exhaust holes (B), then a couple of transom pads to make the intermediate rigid (C)

then, a little rack system cable kit that mounts to the trucourse gear would allow the trucourse steering to connect to the outboard

stringerboard.jpg

probably could have sold some around 1995-2002... i think it would be beating a dead horse now....

oh, and the kit would come with a couple of "legs" that bolted to the inside of the bellhousing once the engine was removed and extended forward to the front mounts.

If the boat had Selectrim, the transom stiffeners (C) could be removed and you could still have selectrim!

actually there was one in the expearemental stage right before they sold out it was kinda like a jack plate that hooked to yor intermediate houseing with the bellows i may still have the drawings that my dad had from omc will see if i can locate them, the only reason the didnt do it was because of the expence i do know they were going to run the tilt mechanisiom through the transom with hydraulic cylinders that hooked to the stringers

thats like i was saying on a earlier post, i helped a but of mine remove a electric shift outdrive and installed a cobra outdrive, alot of people will redo the transome with wood and refiberglass then cut the new hole, what we did was sandwhiched the old hole with 1/4 inch aluminum 3 inches bigger then taped the aluinum for bolts then useing epoxy as a seal we put the aluminu on the inside then peice on the out side bolted together then recut the main drive hole to fit the outdrive and then installed then he went to the hydraulic steering which i missed out on the installation of the steering but his boat would move after that

Back