Logo

Stator test results

vane

Regular Contributor
I tested my stator and trigger,Trigger came back good but stator low side is suppose to be between 3250-3650 mine came up at 3168 high side came back good,but with the low side 82 at the least.does this mean i'm do for a new stator.I'm waiting for my flywheel puller to get here.hoping maybe I will find something under it that can be fixed.any chance that can happen.

yes I have spark on all cylinders,when I checked it, but it possible its somtimes not sparking or it just weak.not sure yet. Motor runs,But has been very hard starting,compared to how it ran a month ago,use to not even have to choke it,and it would start within 5 seconds,now I have to choke and throttle way up to get it to start n there is a slight miss when idling and running.I rebuilt the carbs and rebuilt the fuel pump,changed to portable gas tank,new spark plugs,and starter within last two months,after the carb rebuild and the fuel pump it ran like a champ for a week,then It stalled on the way back to the ramp,had a very hard time getting it started,once it started it ran for about 5 minutes then quit again,trolled back to the dock with trolling motor,came home.tested the stator, trigger coils,every thing came within specs except for the stator low was 3168 which was 80 lower then the lowest number 3250-3650 for it to check out as ok.waiting for my flywheel puller to get here,hoping one of the magnets or a bad connection will be found.Having a hard time find a stator for this motor cause there so many different ones depending on the bolt on magnets,and glued on,not sure which on i have yet,let alone how pricey they are.

Last edited:
Back