Logo

15hp carb slow speed needle bushing

dawnfogg

Contributing Member
Rebuidling 15hp carb and trying to seat the new plastic low speed needle bushing. Need to know how far down the passage it is supposed to seat. Does it sit just below the idle needle retainer or all the way down at the bottom of the passage where the outlet to the chamber covered by the welch plug?

As always, thanks in advance for any help.

If you're speaking of the very small white or clear nylon bushing that is actually a bearing for the forward end of the neddle valve, simply seat it on the end of the needle valve then gently screw the needle valve in until it seats. That'll do it.

Joereeves thanks,

Understand the bushing will seat itself as the slow speed needle is screwed into the passage.

That what I assumed, but wanted to make sure.

Do you also have the little red bushing that keeps the needle from moving once you adjust the idle mixture properly?

If you're speaking of the very small white or clear nylon bushing that is actually a bearing for the forward end of the neddle valve, simply seat it on the end of the needle valve then gently screw the needle valve in until it seats. That'll do it.
Hello! I see this is an older post, but I'm in the same boat. I'm working on a 76 15HP Johnson. I tried to put the bearing on the end of the needle and threading it in to seat it. The bearing doesn't sit down far enough to let the needle valve start to thread in. I already deformed my first one @ 24$ ea. I don't want to ruin another one. Any Ideas? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank You.

Back