Logo

Need service manual for 1957 12 HP Sea King

Ted R

I just bought a old sea king outboard model # GG8971A Serial # 75X698079 It is a 12 HP motor. Manufacturer Gale Products OMC[SIZE=-1] Mod 12D15[/SIZE] sold by Montgomery Wards. I have been trying to find a service manual for it, but no luck. Can anyone tell me where I can find one. The motor seems to have good compression and was told it ran smooth as silk the last time used. Many years ago. They said put some gas to it and no doubt it would start right up. However the rubber lines are weather cracked and need replaced before attempting anything like that. I would like to find a service manual and go through the motor and make sure everything is in good shape get it like new again before starting it. I have never owned a boat or motor before but am sure it will need o rings water pump gaskets and stuff like that replaced I am sure they will be dried out also. I don't want to ruin what looks to be a good motor by getting in a hurry to start it. I would appreciate any help in finding a manual for it thanks in advance Ted

Last edited:
I figured it out, I found all the literature i needed at ken cook company. Thanks for the links I will check them out

Hey Ted, I went to the site you mentioned but couldnt find anything about a 1957 Sea King 12hp motor...or find anything on the net either. Do you still need yours by any chance? I sure could use it! Thanks!

I just bought a old sea king outboard model # GG8971A Serial # 75X698079 It is a 12 HP motor. Manufacturer Gale Products OMC[SIZE=-1] Mod 12D15[/SIZE] sold by Montgomery Wards. I have been trying to find a service manual for it, but no luck. Can anyone tell me where I can find one. The motor seems to have good compression and was told it ran smooth as silk the last time used. Many years ago. They said put some gas to it and no doubt it would start right up. However the rubber lines are weather cracked and need replaced before attempting anything like that. I would like to find a service manual and go through the motor and make sure everything is in good shape get it like new again before starting it. I have never owned a boat or motor before but am sure it will need o rings water pump gaskets and stuff like that replaced I am sure they will be dried out also. I don't want to ruin what looks to be a good motor by getting in a hurry to start it. I would appreciate any help in finding a manual for it thanks in advance Ted

I am needing the same manual...GG8971A......went to ken cook and couldn't figure out how to access it.. can anyone help! or if you have a copy, can you contact me thanks

Back