Logo

Replacement fuel pump for 292 Interceptor

Tollycraft63

The baffle in my Carter fuel pump does not seal anymore and fuel is leaking out the bottom of the pump. I have not been able to find a rebuild kit for it and am having a terrible time finding a replacement pump. Does anyone have any direction for me, I am pulling my hair out (and I don't have that much to spare!) Thanks.

I can post pics if necessary.

My 312 has an aftermarket electric fuel pump with adjustable pressure regulator. Ties into the oil pressure switch so it cuts out when oil pressure drops.

My 312 has an aftermarket electric fuel pump with adjustable pressure regulator. Ties into the oil pressure switch so it cuts out when oil pressure drops.

Thanks for the reply, the electric fuel pump is probably the wise choice, especially with the cut out, but I am going for originality with my restoration and thought I would at least be able to rebuild the one I have.

I had very good luck getting parts for my 312 at Baxter auto parts based in Portland, OR. They have a store not far from you in Rancho Cordova on Horn Rd. They were VERY helpful with my engine build when it came to gaskets and rebuild kits as well as starter parts and a NOS voltage regulator right off the shelf! This was about 3 years ago.

Back