Logo

archimedes/penta 450

slider1525

hi all, was hoping for some help, i have a achimedes/penta 450 (not sure of the year) ser# 4002243. it is a pull start but want to install a starter (bracket is there). it is a 64 tooth fly wheel and 23 in. round. anyone know if other starters will fit? also it is a 3cyl. and have strong spark on one, weak on other and no spark on the third, any ideas be for i spend time and money on getting a starter? thx for your time.

u can get a new 9 tooth starter item no :- 580 650 gts sp spx xp from db electrical , email dbelectrical @yahoo.com and if your ign wiring is laid out normally leave the good spark one alone but if the plate the coils are mounted on one side and the phelon cdi is bolted in series to the coils you poss have wiring from the ign trigger from the flywheel trapped when the coil and cdi were bolted together and cut thro the insulation around the wires which is the usual prob , if thats it insulate them and make sure u dont trap the wires when u bolt the cdi and coils to the mounting plate . if not that it could poss be thewiring block where where the wiring meets from the stator plate and ign trigger from under the flywheel then goes to there respective cdi unit , u might be lucky and just change the 2 wires that are not getting power to the cdi units . u cannot really take a cdi apart as they are sealed with a resin type stuff . if ones gone i have one i could sell you . best of luck .

harry bishop

Back