Logo

any steering experts?

hagar

well mechanic took me! the old electric shift omc stern drive is not compatable with trucourse steering! this drive came off a boat that had thru trasom steering. my boat does not have this. there is a kit but says it does not provide clamshells.does any one know what they r or maybe another name for them? so that is why i spin to left when engaged but now i have a thru hull steering stern drive & and a internal tru course steering system sick of being taken & dry docked :mad::eek::confused::(

how & where is mr doug russel i will take the boat there if i knew where he is! thank u very much chiefalan for ur help

drive is right its the steering that is incompatable. the old stern drive had true course steering. this older electric shift stendrive had to of come off a older boat that was set up for external steering

the only way besides hydraulic steering your going to get that drive to work is finding the intermediat houseing for that drive which will be a pain to change out 4 yrs ago i had 6 of these i couldnt get rid of but then all of a sudden everyone needed one, if i was you i would take the wife to dinner and danceing then break the news you purchased a used drive for your boat you can find them on ebay if you watch from 400.00 up to 2,000.00

Back