Logo

Where to connect a electrical fuel pump 1998 150hp

luhrern

I have a 1998 (J150GLECD) Johnson FastStrike.

At WOT the engine surges and goes down from 5400 RPM to 3000 RPM. When I have a person to pump the primer pump tha RPM stays firm at 5400 RPM. It stays ok at 4900 RPM.

I have tried several solutions (see earlier threads from Luhrern in this forum), but the system seems to be sucking air on the suction side of the fuel pump. Whan I shut down the engine and observe the inline filter, air is coming in after 4-5 minutes.

Therefore I consider to install a small fuel priming pump before the inline filter.

I want to have the pump running only when the ignition is on, and prefferably to have a positive voltage connectiion on the engine (with a fuse between the pump and the connection.

Does anyone knoe wheter there is such a connection point on the engine ? And if I can find an wiring diagram on the WEB for this engine ?

Re: Where to connect a electrical fuel pump

If I had a boat with an air leak in the fuel line, I would not repair it by installing an electric pump. I would replace all the fuel line, fittings, and primer bulb, as well as checking the tank vent and replacing it too if necessary. Easier, cheaper, and more peace of mind.

Back