Logo

Need help understanding circuit breaker?

film842

Contributing Member
My AQ131A has a large red reset button on the right hand side of the engine (facing it) and I assume that it's some sort of reset mechanism.

What I'm wondering is this: Is there a fuse involved with it somewhere along the line?

I hooked up a start switch between the battery and the solenoid incorrectly yesterday and got a spark or two and now when I turn the key, I only get a single click. It's the same kind of click you get when your batteries are dead which is not the case here.

I'm wondering if this reset switch is somehow involved.

The red button is a thermal overload breaker (or thermal overload resettable fuse). It is fed directly from the + of the battery so there is no other fuse before it.

If you still get a click, then I think the problem is elsewhere. In any case, you can (and should) check if the breaker is tripped with a volt meter by measuring voltage between each of the two terminals and ground.

The red button is a thermal overload breaker (or thermal overload resettable fuse). It is fed directly from the + of the battery so there is no other fuse before it.

If you still get a click, then I think the problem is elsewhere. In any case, you can (and should) check if the breaker is tripped with a volt meter by measuring voltage between each of the two terminals and ground.

Thanks, will do that. I'll post back with the eventual fix for others to see.

Back