Logo

The deed is done! Almost.

joeld98

Well, with your help I got the long blocks built up, broke in and ready to install. Tomorrow is the day!

I tried to run the Starboard engine last friday and could not get it to fire. I fought the urge to jump on here and beg for help. I sat down with the manuals and stepped through everything piece by piece. Everything was set up to spec but when I'd crank the engine it would not fire. It spewed gas in the air from the carb like a sprinkler. Scratching my head and having never used a vacuum gauge, I hooked the thing up to the intake and got pressure when cranking the engine. That didn't seem right. I wasn't 100% sure, but that should be pulling air instead of pushing it I believe. :eek: YOUR CRANKING IT THE WRONG WAY!

I swapped the Raw Water Pumps and Starters then wired what I thought was the CCW/Starboard engine as the CW Port engine and it started instantly! Ran it for 15 minutes @ 2K before it started getting a little hot then ran the Starboard for 20 minutes @ 2K. (Did not recirculate the exhaust water into the can this time.)

Thanks for all the help guys! Heading down to the yard first thing to get them in the boat. I'm going to try to get them in with the exhaust installed. If it does not fit thought the hatch I'll take the inside manifold off. I'm convinced the second water intrusion on the Port Engine was due to me not re-torquing the exhaust manifold after running it up to temp last spring.

I kept the old blocks, so my project for this fall/winter is to do this over again from bare blocks. But for now I'm going fishing.

:D

Back