Logo

wont start?

$$$pit

Hello! I have a 1992 century -mustang/ 4.3 v6 gm. alpha 1. was running fine been out 4 times . then dropped in water . wont start. tried new kill /emerg. switch-new coil, new starter selonoid, new battery, new dist. cap and rotor/ w/new dist. sensor, still wont start. tried starter fluid. mo fire?/ meter on coil to dist side.. getting spark, still wont start? anything i am missing?

Is it geting fuel? When was the last time the fuel/water separater was replaced?

What's the condition of the fuel? Has the boat been in layup? Was the tank full and stabilizer added before layup?

Is it getting enough air? Flame arrestor Clean?

At the oil pressure sender is also a oil pressure SWITCH, two purple wires, pull them off the switch, use a paper clip and jump them together, turn the key to the run position and confirm the ELECTRIC fuel pump is working. If not replcae the pump. If so try to start it in that condition. If it starts then shut it down and reconnect wires and try again if no start replace the switch.

Are you sure you have spark at the spark plugs????

thanks for the help.. it was running fine, new fuel , first tank was used about a month ago. filled up w/new fuel, water seperator was changed when i filled up last time.. i will check the oil sending unit try the jump, i have not checked spark at the plugs yet, will do that also, this might be why i am not getting any reaction to the starting fluid? Thanks again.....

Back