Logo

1993 Volvo Penta 4.3l 4 bbl carb

Can anyone give me an idea on the BEST spark plugs for a 431 volvo penta 4.3l v6 GM 4BBL carb motor with a Mercruiser Thunderbolt IV ignition system. The boat is a 20' Welcraft cuddy with a sp drive. Thanks,

If the engine was OEM in a Volvo installation, then see the V/P OEM specs for spark plugs #'s.
You reduce the risk of an error, or a misunderstanding, or someone's recommendation that may not be a good one.

Ya can't go wrong if you get the info right from the V/P OEM manual. :)

Last edited:
Ricardo, Call me a fool but what would be the correct manual for my engine. 1993 Volvo Penta 431B-PS with a 4BBL carb. I looked at my current manual and it has very little information. I checked MarineEngine.com and there are so many options. Thanks, Jeff

Check here on page 79 (81 of 88) for what the Owner's Manual specifies.

http://vppneuapps.volvo.com/ww/PIE/...=T403&d=OwnersPublication&s=798703&lang=en-GB

PS. "The best" is a relative concept and subject to personal preference, so I think if you are pursuing "the best" you are just chasing a ghost. Moreover, most of the spark plugs you find nowadays in the market meet and even far exceed the specifications that were standard 17 years ago.

Last edited:
Back