Logo

AQ130C power head into 1998 AQ131A engine

madmallard

Hi there. 1st time caller, long time listener. I have a 1988 Campion Haida 250 with twin AQ131A engines. Port engine is fine but stbd has a burned exhaust port on #3 cylinder and thin edges for port on #4 cylinder. Boat has been sitting for 3 years at the freshwater marina neglected and forlorn. Stbd engine has had the exhaust manifold off all this time and is seized (working on that, more for another time). Have a line on a head from an AQ130C - will it fit, will it work? Can I get an automotive head as a better replacement? If so, which one. Read the thread about AQ131A swap and it has me seeing a glimmer of hope. Thanks for any and all your help.

Re: AQ130C power head into AQ131A engine

Afraid the AQ130 and 131 are completely different. 130 is old style with pushrods and iron head. 131 is overhead cam with aluminum head.

Thanks. I will pursue the Volvo B230 engine option, if the Rislone doesn't come through with aiding the seized pistons.

There is a guy in Coombs who wrecks boats and sells parts. Will send you a PM with his phone number. Not too far from where you are.

Have a great day

Rob

Back