Logo

parts diagram

paw2000

Contributing Member
Hi, does anyone have a link to a parts diagram of the late 80's crusdaer motors? I have a pair of 270hp 1988 motors, and I'm trying to locate different motor parts, cam shaft, timing gear etc.

Also any diagrams showing the routing of cooling hoses, I have FWC motors and need to determine if everything is routed correctly. I bought a used boat and these motor are whats in it. I tried looking on the net, but I haven't found an exploded diagram showing the parts.

Paul

Hi Makomark, that link was perfect. It was easy to look up as I had the serial number off the data plate and was able to determine if I had a one piece rear seal and part number for timing gears.

I need to rebuild the motors and was trying to determine if its cost effective to rebuild as to get long blocks. I'm able to do the assembly of the motor (built numerous gm engines and chryslers. I built a stroker 383 for my yukon I use for towing and play. The machine work with a .030 over bore and cleaning and cam bearings is about $350 and "rebuild"kit with marine cam about $500, still need heads done. So its close to $1100 for me to "rebuild" and a long block about 1800-2400 each.

Thanks for the help

Glad it helped.

Time is money so it is your call (or your wallet's or wife's). I prefer the DIY path as that way I have nobody but me if something goes less than planned. The machinist is the key as most of the parts are alsmost commodity items.

good luck!

Back