Logo

What kind of fuel injectors for PCM Pro-boss GT-40 5.8?

zimm17

Finally got the engine running again. The Carter boost pump feeding the high pressure dual stage pump was toast. I think it clogged up the injectors with all the white powder corrosion from that pump. It idles and runs fine up to half throttle, after that it stutters and stumbles like it's out of fuel. I'm pretty sure injectors are all clogged up. Fuel pressure is fine (35-40).

Is it a standard ford injector set that I can get cheap? Or do I need to pay $200 for the local guy to diagnose them ($25 each).

24 lb/hr is what they are spec'ed at. With a retail price of over $150 each (PCM Brand), I'm sure you can do better. What did the local guy have?

Local guy has a flow bench and will test injectors for $25 each. I figure it might be nit much more to get new motorsport injectors. I'll check the catalog for 24 pounders.

Don't know what year your engine is, but Mustang, F150, Crown Vic, etc (bosch) injectors will work for most that use the old system. They always have them on ebay for cheap when the Mustang guys yank the EFI for carbs. I've gotten several sets that merely needed new o rings for under $50.
Range Rovers and Discovery also used the 24lb bosch injector in pre 1998 years.
Worth having a couple sets for those times when you need 'em.

Looking at the GT40 manual here. It appears that indeed you can use any injectors from a similar sized Ford automotive V8. There must be millions of them out there.

Here's a set on Ebay right now.

Last edited:
Back