Logo

'1975 15hp carburater or fuel pump?

dawnfogg

Contributing Member
All, making progress in saga to get '75 15hp manual start running after purchasing with no history. Got the ignition problem licked and tonight got it to run for about 30 secs. Excited to actually see it run, but then it died and would not restart. It obviously was not getting fuel so now trying to figure out if it is the fuel pump or carb. Is there a simple way to see if the fuel pump is OK? Would like to scratch that off my list before I go after the carb.

Thanks in advance.

Re: '75 15hp carburater or fuel pump?

get the motor running, and pump the fuel bulb, it will override the fuel pump, if the motor keeps running it's the fuel pump, if not it's the carb.

Ok, since we are anonymous, I can reman faceless and share my stupid mistakes. Turns out when I reconnected the fuel hose to the tank and the motor I put the tank end on the motor and the motor end on the tank. Well apparently that arrow on the bulb is there for a reason- and the system won't deliver fuel when put on backwards. Duh! Anyway, suspect it will run when swap the hose and crank it up.

everyone makes that mistake in there life of boating!

have a good one!

Back