Logo

TnT Problems - '1999 Johnson 225hp HO

brandondunbar

The tilt and trim on my 99 225 HO has been giving me problems. I bought the boat a month ago and the first two weeks it worked great. I went to use it the other day and all the TnT would do was click. I tapped on the TnT motor with a hammer and it worked again. Ever since it started acting up there are times when the TnT; works great, works very sluggish and hopps on the way down, works like the battery is dying (when it's not), and doesn't work at all. It doesn't matter if the boat is out of the water or if I'm on full plane.

I have opened the manual release valve to release any air; that didn't work. I opened the TnT fluid reservoir and before i could even open the screw all the way fluid came squirting out. The piston shaft is smooth and greased. Please Help.

Re: TnT Problems - '99 Johnson 225 HO

TnT hopping, you need to tighten the till tube nut, there is a torque, my manual said 50-54 FT. LBS. then to loosen the starboard nut by 1/8 to 1/4 turn after torquing. but you need to check your manual or get it from the BRP dealer.

I would go in and calen all you connection for the TnT, the clicking most likely was you solenoids.

If you hit the TnT with a hammer, you must be very careful, because there are magnets in it that will brake, a new TnT motor for your motor is $193.99.

with the motor up and locked, remove the fill cap and check the fluid level in the reservior, if low fill with ATF.

The manual release valve releases the hyd pressure so you can let the motor down, or place it up if it was down. The fill cap is where you release the air from the system, run the motor up and down about three cycles, stop the motor in the up position, put the motor lock down, turn the fill cap to open, when you hear the air comming out, stop removing the cap when the air is finished tighten the cap back on, and replete the cycle. Do this until no more air comes out.

Back