Logo

1989 force 85 hp Need location of model number

Greg Phillips

On my 1989 force, 85 hp I Just need model number (which will look something like 856X5L and is normally on a sticker on the port side of the leg just below the cowl...unfortunately this tag is worn away. Is there another place to find the number?

Sometimes close to the starter.Otherwise no.If the motor is original on the boat try the manufacturer.Seems like I did this earlier???? J

Why I need location of model number 1989 force 85 hp

Thank you for your answers...
The serial numbers for the 1989 85 hp force
number up to 20 different serial numbers...the parts man I have been talking to, says I have to have the exact number
before I can order...
The little (clevis) pin, cotter pin combo that hooks the lower to upper shift shafts together.
Missing pin may be called the "SHIFT ROD PIN".......Maybe the nut rattled loose under the intake where the shift assembly connects to the rod that goes to the lower unit.
It would be great if I had one to know what it looks like, then I could make one. I've ordered the manual, but I don't even have a picture.
Greg
[email protected]

That pin you are after was exactly the same on all 85 and 90 horse models - so pick any serial you like - they will all work for that part regardless.

Back