Logo

AQAD41A, oil blowout.

Sunseeker35

As the title says, the lub oil was blown out of my motor through the "oil change" pipe.
It all started with a lot of black smoke when speeding up. The black smoke occurred between 2500 - 3000rpms. As soon as my boat were up to speed, the smoke disappeard. (The motor picked up speed very slow)
I concluded a faulty turbo charger, and continued.(Charge air pressure was lower than normal) Speed was normal according to the motors rpm. No abnormal lub oil pressure, temperatures or noises.
After a short while, the lub oil pressure started dropping, and at the end I had to stop.
When opening the engine room, there were oil everywhere.

So, the million dollar questions:
- Do I have a severe blow by?
- Can a leakage in the shaft seal for the exhaust side (turbo charger)cause exhaust pressure in the crank case?

On top of this, I found my air cooler leaking. Hopefully no sea water have entered the liners.....

I have checked the following:
- Airfilter OK.
- Crank case vent OK.
- Turbine turning OK.

Does some of you have any suggestions for trouble shooting?

And btw, many thanks for a brilliant forum!!

i had the same problem with a tamd41a. every now and then oil would pump out of the air breather. i checked all the usual and found nothing. so i shelled out big bucks and got a walker air sep and the install kit. that was 6 years ago, and no problems since ( knock on wood ).

Back