Logo

need help?

desire122002

I am trying to find out the model number for my Mercury 175. I have looked everywhere and the only thing I can find is the serial number which is 6334945. Can anyone help?

That serial (production number) is for a 1983 model. The problem I have is, Merc didn't produce a 175 in 1983. So not quite sure what you have to start with.

Secondly, unlike OMC where the model gives you what you need to know Merc doesn't really deal with model numbers for parts/assessories etc - is there a particular reason you need a model number?

That serial (production number) is for a 1983 model. The problem I have is, Merc didn't produce a 175 in 1983. So not quite sure what you have to start with.

Secondly, unlike OMC where the model gives you what you need to know Merc doesn't really deal with model numbers for parts/assessories etc - is there a particular reason you need a model number?

Well the reason I said it's a 175hp is thats what the shell said and the guy we bought it from. Is there a way to find out for sure what it is?

Wasn't the 2.4 one of the favourite blocks in the Bridgeport line with the "motor heads" hopping them up so they would puke out incredible amounts of horsepower?

Back