Logo

V/P Active corrosion Protection System

in2fishn

Look for help T/S shooting V/P Active Corrosion Control System. Replace the system this past winter. Out of the box the control module was defective (no power) had to jump thru hoops to get V/P dealer to exchange for another unit. This past week the control module stopped working. No Light and I had 12 vdc at the module. Tried checking the anode wire’s for resistance It shows open. I’m not sure what I should be reading?:confused:

I have this system on my 2006 5.7 gxi. I don't know if this will help you much, but, the green light on mine only seem to go on around 75% of the time. I know it has full power. After four years of it I sort of gave up trying to trouble shoot it. The manual doen'nt help much.

Talked to a Mercruiser Marine Tech and he told me not to waste my time. Mercruiser & V/P are garbage.
He said get yourself a Guppy and throw it over the side:D For the number of responses I received from my posting either its a good system that never fails or their crap. I will go with crap. This is the 3 rd electronic unit I've replaced and 2 set of probes.:eek:

Back