Logo

1986 mercury 45 hp carb problems

wen4222

I was just wondering why no one answers any questions I ask in here, because I have asked several questions before and never got answer. except maybe one time.

what do you want to know about your classic 50, If I can't help someone else will as long as the question makes some kind of sense

I found yesterdays post on the carbs. With the engine off, pump the fuel bulb and look down each carb. If fuel is dripping the the float is not set right and you must go back into the carbs.

thanks for answering i put a new needle in it , it was easy to by pass the needle if you pumped the bulb much to start with but now it seems like you can pump it up pretty tight, can the float be out of adjustment ? I couldnt see how to adjust float. I have worked on evinrudes a lot but not much on mercury. you cant replace the seat with the needle without repacing carb.

the seat should never go bad, floats are adjustable by bending the tab. That 50hp is one of mercs best, keep the carbs maintained and it will run forever. Waterpump every 2 years, start now. http://www.crowleymarine.com/mercury-outboard/275.cfm
jb

So zero fuel should bypass needle when pressing bulb? Could this cause a stumble and power loss at higher rpm. Idles well. Replaced faulty stator already which improved the high miss drastically. Now tries to.climb rpm well but falls flat like cut off to fuel in a cylinder (or 2)

Back