Logo

Rick I hope this is the One!!!

ruckus3313

Regular Contributor
Rick,

I am driving 5 1/2 hours tomorrow to look/test/drive this boat with cash
in hand!!Looks to be nice from pics and talking with owner.I know that 5.0 liter 305 V-8 isnt gonna be a huge performer in a hull that size but I think she will max out at 45MPH is my guess??and being a duo prop she should
plane out very well or at least i hope cause thats what I want.probably much better than my 18 footer with an aq125a w/270 leg. Anyways by looking at this engine,would I have to pull the whole engine to change spark plugs,etc..??? any help before I really get into this one would be a huge help!!! I have been looking at a "new" boat for about a year now and have finally come across something I really like.now I hope it is not a piece of crap lol...Rick you have been a huge help with me factoring what to buy in the past so I hope you approve of this boat.I kept it pre 1996 so I could get an aquamatic drive as i love the reliabilty that we have posted here 100+ times in previous posts and it suites all my needs. I just hope I dont have to pull the whole engine for simple maintaince?? Thanks for any help from anybody on this site!!!!

Jesse
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1992-AEROCRAFT-BOATS-Mach-3-95502697

I think that one might be a doozy to get the plugs out of. I'm hoping there is enough room to pull the long bolts out of the manifolds and that would make the plugs easy. I pull manifolds on some boats other than fight with getting to the plugs from underneath, it takes less time and the customer is out less money if I must buy new gaskets.

Back