Logo

Alarm problem 1 Beep per min

Cdaddy

Same old problems differant boat. I get 1 beep every 60 seconds with the engine on or off. I have no clue what is causing this, HELP!

info on the boat motor,yr.dist,outdrive,etc. with the info you have sounds like a cell phone needs to be charged!!!!! ha ha ha

Mickey might not be too far off the mark. The in-cabin CO2 alarm on my 245 is mounted in such a way that my old ears sometimes think the alarm is coming from the helm. It beeps once a minute for about 15 minutes everytime the battery disconnect switch has been off for a week or so... Once the internal battery in the detector charges back up, it remains silent.

I am an old Sailor, but the hearing is 4.0, the problem still exists. Here are the specs. 2003 Bayliner 285 / the engine is a 350 Magnum, outdrive is a Bravo II. I noticed the problem after I drained all the fluids and re-serviced in accordance with the mfg instructions. I put the boat it in the water; I sat out for two years. When electrical power was applied the horn began to sound two beeps every minute. I have disconnected the wires from the outdrive reservoir, the sound is still there.

try jumping the two wires together, it may be looking for a closed connection not an open one........

Key...........I noticed after drainging all fluids................

I was looking at some schematics and reading some on audio alarms,

What makes a temp, oil pressure, oil level alarm go off is when any of the "switches" are shorted to ground.

In other words if you were to turn the key to the run position (engine NOT running) and touch a grounded wire to any one of the alarm senders/switches it should make a beep sound.

If it is happening with the engine off, disconnect the large plug at the engine. ( main wiring harness) This should disconnect all wiring to the engine.....

If the beep still occurs then you have some other alarm system in the boat not part of the engine.

Your boat is a 28 footer so you must have a cabin with other power divices so after disconnecting the main plug at the engine listen and report back to us......

now you got to find the one that is bad. or the wire stripped a bit and is making contact with a object.

Or the connection at the sender is bad.

Try the oil sender, low oil warning maybe.

Back