Logo

does 10 gals 87oct + 10 gals 91 = 20 gals 89oct?

Depends upon who blended the fuel and which octane calculation they use. I'd say for most of the pumps around here, the end product would be more like 88 than 89. Being as the octane is an average, it isn't a big difference.

thanks mark. i figured it would be about that.

just making sure i'm not missing something with my 5 red 5 gal gas madness and the price per octaine calculations I do at several places on different roads traveled...

trying not to go under 89 as per spec on my 91 454 and my 10 degrees BTDC timing.

I did that one year thinking I was saving about 50 cents per gallon but the amount of work it takes draggin the containers around was more than I was willing to put out. If my pickup had one of those on-site gas tanks to pump fuel into construction equipment AND I did 75 or 100 gallons at a time, I might reconsider it but it is just too easy to spill and screw up somewhere along the way and the newer dispensing nozzles burp air so slowly it takes much longer to pour 5 gallons out of a plastic gas can

At town dock we don't mind. I save 1 per gal were we get it. The extra walking a bit keeps me moving and burns a bit of fat. Some people spend money to lift weight. I'm doing the contrary.

I won't disagree with the idea. The town might but regardless, a 5 gallon can is 48 lbs. (approx). Carrying 50 of them....Whew..

We paid $3.02 for 89 octane last Saturday. A $200.00 savings is certainly nice but we don't get close to that, right now in NJ it would be more like $45.00 for a complete fillup.

I get to dock when the pump is closed. That happens s times a week. I have 5 5gals filled each time. If that happens 4 times a week in two weeks I added 200 gals and saved 200 bucks. I have a what I call a beer bong converted for gas. Its faster then the marina and never a line and always open.

If they sold gas at night I would gas at marina. Doing it cause I have to, but don't mind either.

Long trips to far away places I always have to fill at
$ari
me.

Back