Logo

boat spins left when put in forward.new prop&STERNDRIVE

hagar

have electric omc sterndrive new 14x16 prop.sterndrive was rebuilt and just put on,every thing works except when put in forward the boat starts spining to left and cannot be straitened out when turning wheel port/right even though it does turrn right its like it does not matter, boat just spins left to right! very dizzying please help:confused::confused::confused:

sounds like maybe someone put a sterndrive on that has no tru-course steering parts in it...
....flopping in the breeze

only wild guesses from here though.

O i was wondering what it was . Fleetingly i thought no gear or something,no year so i didn't want to look any stupider then i already do. Is that a word i just woke from a nap so a little groggy.

inside the boat looking at left side of engine way down low in back you will see your cable going into a geared pin receiver have someone turn the wheel and see if the shaft on the receiver turns with the wheel if it does go to the outside of your boat and raise your drive up on your right you should see a shaft with a small gear on it repeat the 1st procedure have someone turn the wheel it gear turns, good, now remove top cap off of your drive make sure the gears are meshing right stern drive needs to be down for this if its not you found your problem, allso check your cable under the dash make sure it didnt come unwound

Back