Logo

Omc stern drive please help

freddiedad

Contributing Member
I need to put gear oil into my stern drive upper and lower. I live in the san fernando valley and can"t find a boat mechanic that knows what he is talking about. It is a 1985 omc stringer,gmc,3.8liter,v6. What kind of oil do i use?Is there only two fill ports the one on the top of the drive where the dip stick is?how do u know when it is filled?do u keep looking at the dip stick? the lower unit I belive u fill from the drain plug until it comes out the level screw. Do I use differnt oil if its electric or cable shift?

Thanks Steve

Some people have not received their dose of Humility, or Patience this week.....
Hey Bob, I was in Keswick on the weekend visiting my Son for Fathers Day. Did you get out on the water????

Some people have not received their dose of Humility, or Patience this week.....
Hey Bob, I was in Keswick on the weekend visiting my Son for Fathers Day. Did you get out on the water????

Hope you had a nice visit!

No...I don't get out on the water anymore just sold the boat last month. The wife and I are now trying to enjoy our house which was kind of neglected all those years that we had the boat...so far so good, neither one of us has threatened to kill the other yet!!! :D

Back