Logo

Evinrude year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathcup

I have a canadian built evinrude with serial/model 25002ec 65996
all of the indexes and info on the web i find don't come close to matching or explaining it, anyone got any ideas?
i'm guessing 65 because of how evinrude models are supposed to look, but i can't find it.

Not sure if it is a Canadian model but I do see a 1970 25 HP listed as model 25002E and 25002C

Yep, in agreement with Mnobfan. That model number is of the 1970s era and it's first two digits indicates the hp (25hp) and the third digit indicates the year ("0" = 70).

In which case, you have reversed the numbers.

65996 is the model number. The first two digits (65) indicates the engine is a 1965 6hp Evinrude.... BUT.... the remaining numbers (996) are not in any of my books.

i only see one thing that looks like a welsh plug on the engine block, and it's just looks like a cup, but there's nothing with a number in it or on it, it's just panted chipping blue like everything else.
so i dunno what the deal is, perhaps it's been bastardized many years ago

The core plug would be quarter size (looks like a quarter size freeze out plug). Gently scrape the blue paint off of it to see if the model & serial numbers are on there. They usually are.

hello my name is jesse and had recently bought a boat and it came with a sportwin evinrude, alright the question is where on the engine is the cereal number. i want to find out the year and hp and a little information on the motor

To avoid a lack of communication..... standing in back of the engine facing the spark plugs.... Port is Left.... Starboard is Right.

There will be a small plate on the port transom bracket (bkt that clamps eng to boat). The model and serial number will be imprinted on that plate. There may also be a core plug on the engine block (core plug looks like a small quarter size freeze out plug) with those same two numbers. The model number is what's needed to ID the engine.

J12J27....... Go back to the previous page. Near the top left edge you'll see "New Topic". Click on that so that you can insert your own topic question which will appear at the top of the listing. As it now stands, your question is burried under someone elses topic.

9222 is a 1972 9.5

Fuel mix is 50:1 thats 1 pint of oil per 6 gallons

or more precisely 2.56 fluid ounces per US gallon

It is bad practice to hijack another persons thread.

Anway I've answered these questions else where

Are you sure about the last the digits (996) in that model number?

extremely sure

---------------------------
To avoid a lack of communication..... standing in back of the engine facing the spark plugs.... Port is Left.... Starboard is Right.

There will be a small plate on the port transom bracket (bkt that clamps eng to boat). The model and serial number will be imprinted on that plate. There may also be a core plug on the engine block (core plug looks like a small quarter size freeze out plug) with those same two numbers. The model number is what's needed to ID the engine.

The plate on the transom bracket is where i read the serial/model i posted earlier, the core plug does not have the little tin coin in it, it's merely recessed in and there are absolutely no numbers on the empty space

----------------
want to find out hp and year
model 9222m
cereal J 05708

mmmmm cereal, i want the kind with the marshmellows!

----------------

~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
I'm assuming the best i'll be able to do is visible ID / guess so don't worry
~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Just went thru all my books pertaining to the 6hp Evinrude. I'm drawing a blank about those last three model number digits (996).

Anyone got any further information pertaining to the model number of 65996?

All I can find is that the 65 year had a blue hood with white trim rather than the white hood shown. Unfortunately the paint chart only goes to 65 so don't know when they changed. 65996 would be the 65 hp motor but not listed at shopevinrude.com.

With the s/plugs removed, you should have spark that will jump a 1/4" gap with a strong blue lightning like flame..... a real SNAP! Do you?

If not, remove the flywheel so that you can check the physical condition of the coils, access to setting the points, etc. Let us know about the spark.

Hallo i dont very well speak english, sorry, i need help to motor evinrude 6 hp two cil. s/n 67b66m b22529 this motor manufaktured in belgium, i want know his year......thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back