Logo

Honda 225 hp BF year 2003. Beeper sounds long intermediate beeps

nikosxatz

Beeper sounds long intermediate beeps with check light on and no other lights on. I replaced the O2 sensor with a same one but from o Honda car (same sensor same connector) but it didnt work. Has anybody has any idea if they are compatible?

progress.gif

Re: Honda 225BF year 2003. Beeper sounds long intermediate beeps

Do you have a 4-light console or a 2-light console? When you say "check light" does that mean your Check Engine (malfunction indicator light or MIL) light? I have not heard of anyone on this or any other forum sucessfully replacing the BF225 O2 sensor with one made for an auto. My thinking on this issue is that even though the BF225 is a basic Honda J35A engine, the ECM as not the same, thus the O2 sensor is likely specific to the BF225 ECM. Besides that, there are so many tightwads on this forum, that if such a replacement worked, someone would have figured it out by now. Someone else on this forum may want to correct me on that logic.

Yes only the check engine MIL light is on! There is a panel with two lighs. One is the MIL and the other inticates tha batery charger. There other two lights on the remote control.

Do you think that the O2 sensor is the problem? I used a honda car sensor because it costs only 30$ instead of 160$ of the genuin one! I am afraid that I have to bye the original part know!!!!

Yep - It is most likely the O2 sensor. The only way you will know for sure is to replace it with the correct one. As I said in my earlier post, I have not heard of anyone on this or any other forum sucessfully replacing the BF225 O2 sensor with one made for an auto.

Back