Logo

No Spark

makomike1

Contributing Member
I have crusader 350 270 hp. I was cruising than out of no where my starboard engine cuts off. Tried to restsart but cannot get started. I replaced coil and electronic module still wont start and no spark.it just cranks and cranks. Not getting any spark out of distributor. any suggestions??? thanks Makomike

Jeff, i replaced the coil and the module inside the distributor with new parts, still no spark at plugs. could there be a short in my tach. it has been fluctuating while cruising, going from 3000 to 5000 than i would have to tap on tach for it to come back to 3000? thanks mike

When it happen the voltmeter showed 10-10.5 volts but the engine was still cranking like it had 12volts very strong. normaly when i turn key to on not start the power on the voltmeter goes to 12 volts.

Check the wire that runs between the coil and the distributor. I had one go bad that was right out of the box two days before.

let's try this: View the rotor during cranking, this tests the coupler between the cam and the distributor shaft. Actually, do you know if the cam is turning? High time cam chains have been known to stretch to the point of hanging free.
If the distributor turns, then disconnect the tach wire, near the engine. Verify +12v on the + term of the coil, during cranking.

Back