Logo

More engine problems

Petty4life

After fixing my overheating problem i took my boat out for a shakedown yesterday. boat started up great and ran at correct temp for almost 2 hours. stop and go testing it out,

today first thing had problems. had a hard time starting and keeping engine running. its always been kinda cold blooded but once it starts it runs great well after messing with it to get it out in open water it would only stay running if i gave it full throttle at full throttle i noticed that i was doing over 5k rpms. my engine never got over 4600 rpm beofre this. it was pushing 6k rpms today and less speed also noticed that the oil pressure was probly 80-85. im about at whits end with my engine. can someone point me in the right direction on what to look at first? thanks

aq131d 120hp 275sterdrive

It seems to me that your propeller is spinning on the hub. If that is the case, you need a new prop or rehub your current one.

It seems to me that your propeller is spinning on the hub. If that is the case, you need a new prop or rehub your current one.
took it and had it looked at. found that fuel mixture adjustment screw had fallen out.

I will test out tomorrow and see if the rpm's are still high

Last edited:
Back