Logo

1987 2.3 ford/omc on sea ray seville

rtcmom

Hey Guys I have a problem...need some help!!

There's no spark! We have replaced the points, plugs, condenser....checked for correct gap, made sure the points are opening and closing...still nothing.

A little history on the problem that might help(or might not)...we ran the boat the first time out...ran so so...stalled out a couple of times..jiggled some wires at the side of the engine and ran, but sputtered and coughed. Next time we took it out, it ran like a top...didn't rough idle or anything..the next time we went to take it out..didn't start, lots of black smoke and nothing...we changed the fuel filter then, but still nothing..so that's why we decided to do a tune up. Changed the impeller also and the lube in the stern drive.

All the plug wires fully seated. Me i like test lights, start testing away start at the battery work you way forward.

Thanks for the quick reply, but yes all the plug wires are fully seated. we have used a test light and have checked the coil and points, all are giving us a light. Light is going off and on when the rotor turns like it is supposed to. Tach wire has been disconnected because it really pulls off the power. Could it be the solenoid?

Back