Logo

1982 johnson 90hp v4

MUDDOG

New here and in need of a little guidance, fixing to remove clean and rebuild carbs. Ok a little hist on motor this motor was bought in 82 new, ran great for about 6 years then we stoped boating. Sat for several years, I took to a boat shop in Denver for repair but was not right. I fog the motor and has not been run since 95. Ok that said this is what it did, it would run great with the muffs on it in the back yard, hauled it to the lake. unit would not run when put in lake, took out and started and ran fine on trailer. Before it would take off and run until about to plane out then cut out but not die just loose power. Ok what other than rebuilding the carbs and replacing some cracked vacume lines should I be looking at /for when i have it apart. thank you

Re: 1982 johnson 90 v4

If you have proper compression and spark, cleaning and rebuilding the carburetors should do it.

However, it would be a good idea to check the water pump and thermostats, possibly replace the spark plugs, and check/change the gearlube.

Re: 1982 johnson 90 v4

Joe could you by chance give me the recomended plugs and the proper gap for this engine,
Thanks
Dean

Back