Logo

water spray not stream from pee hole

wassajet

Contributing Member
HI, i have aquired a 1970 9.5 hp evinrude sportwin model #9022a. I have replaced the thermostat & impeller with new ones. My concern is that there is no stream coming from the peehole,it's just a sort of steamy spray.I have been told that these early models didn't have a steady stream of water.Is this correct?:confused:I made sure that the water tube connected properly when i replaced the lower unit.The water will stream with muffs on but not when tested in a tank.All help will be appreciated...

Put the engine in a trash barrel and have the water level a few inches over where the lower unit bolts up to the long exhaust housing so that the water pump is submerged.

Water should flow out that rubber hosed exhaust relief outlet with quite a force.

There is no water tell tale outlet on that model.

Thanks for your quick reply joereeves.I'm a bit confused,where is that rubber hosed exhaust outlet you spoke of? & could you also tell me if i can find it on a diagram somewhere please...

On a 9.5hp Evinrude or Johnson, it's attached to the rear port side of the powerhead with the other end attached to the cowl pan.

Thanks once again for your quick reply. I can see where it is now , i thought that was the water tell tail until you said this model doesn't have one.I haven't had a chance to test it in barrel yet, i will let you know how it went thanks...

Back