Logo

0909347 cap exhaust inlet

Finnish Genius

Mine is dry rotted. Found it by accident while working on transom. Located by starter and rear motor mount. It is rubber cap held on by a screw clamp. What is the purpose for it. Thanks Ken

If it came off the exhaust manifold it sounds like the drain cap. On the OMC's you remove that when you want to drain the manifold (winterizing).

i just went thru this myself. I have a 4 cyl and the starboard cap developed a crack and exhaust gas was coming in the engine bay and suffacating the motor becuse the exhuast was being sucked down the carb, also water in small amounts was shooting in the boat.

Then the crack let loose and in the water it shot like a cannon all over my motor.

I went to home depot got a cap and was done with it 6 bucks american.

thanks,Chief . If wife does not find one today in the Soo I will be in Marquette in the morning. If I can find one there on line it will save me 15 bucks. Thanks again. This rubber cap is almost 4" od 1" h 3 1/2" id. She has cap with her so will have stop at a few places.. Thanks again Ken

I nearly screwed up big time; wife had be taking care of stuff before kids got here. Looked in a shopping bag and there was the new end cap. I thought I had put it on. Getting older sure as heck isn't making me smarter. I will do it now. I got the aux. mount on last night. Put a 5 hp Force on , it will have to do for the time being. Ken

5 hp more then enough, i know you think 9+ but to get back in 5 is more then enough i used to keep a 3 hp sears air cooled one onboard.

yes but if it get rough and windy big one quits the 5 on the alum. cuddy on Lake Superior . I want to be able to control the boat.The wind blows it around.

Back