Logo

Prop for 1956 Johnson JW-12

golfmech

Wondering if anyone out there can tell me where I can get a prop for my 1956 Johnson JW-12. Marine Engine says they are unavailable. If that is the case, how does a guy figure out the pitch and such to go after market if they are even available there. Thanks for the help.

Thanks. Not sure what the first numbers on your reply are. Pitch? The part number comes up as unavailable. What is michigan wheel #12001?

The numbers go 6 1/8 inches in diameter by 6 1/4 inches of forward travel in one rev. Michigan Wheel is a company that makes props, they used to have their own part numbers for props they made to fit different motors. Google prop 203919 and see where it takes you. Call michigan wheel, they may have new old stock of your prop. That prop was used for at least a thousand years, so somebody, somewhere has got one. This site had them last year, I was looking for the prop ring and I saw that they had the prop too. So, it's only been unavalible for less than a year. If all else fails try ebay.

Back