Logo

Vacuum at the flame arrestor!

schjoth

Hello all you good people

I wonder If you could help me - I am trying to figure out why my engine i running rich - If I try to messure vaccum on the hose connecting the flamearrestor to the fuel presssure regulator I get nothing. The messurement is done with the engine at idle ( 650 rpm) I would think that the vacuum would be highest when at idle.If I pump the hose using a vacuum pump the fuelpressure drops and the ECM sounds alarm for low fuel pressure?

Thanks

Michael ( Denmark) :)

Right sorry - Mercruiser 5,7 efi 1999.
I have done the messurement at the intake plenum aswell - about 18-20 in/hg. But what I dont get is why there is no vaccum at the arrestor when the fuel regulator is vacuumcontroled! I meens that is does not open at idel and the fuel pressure is "high" all the time ? Am i totaly off:)

Hey - I am beginning to wonder if the TBI unit is the right one - ECM tells my computer the the system is MEFI 3. The TBI unit has a fuel Damper in the fuel rail - wich was only for the MEFI 1 and 2 ?? I also tryed to connect a cabel 91-822560A2.
in order to test the injectors but the cabel does not fit - :cool:

I have a related question to the Vacuum line connection on a Mercruiser 5.0 EFI engine from 1999. I found the vacuum line disconnect laying in the bilge and I'm trying to find where to reconnect this but I don't see any port on the flame arrestor for this. Anyone can help me on this basic question?

Back