Logo

Transom Won't Lift 1988 AQ271 C

gavingage

I recently purchased a 1988 Sport Craft 1900 with the Volvo Penta AQ271C. The transom will not raise and I would greatly appreciate any help. I can hear the relay working and there is a click at the hydraulic pump but that is as far as I got. Thank You

Re: Transom Won't Lift

A transom is the vertical structural portion of your boat's stern.
I think your issue is that your drive will not raise hydraulically, Correct?

The "clicking" that you are hearing would be the solenoid switches working. Start by doing some testing with either a test light or VOM, see if the electric motor is receiving power when you activate the UP/Down switch. VOM would be better!

Ok the motor is getting power but not turning. I am going to remove it and hook it directly to the battery and see if it works then. If not I will need to order a new one. Any suggestions on where to get one? Thanks

I got the motor to run after some cleaning. The lift goes up with the lift switch but it will not go down. The solenoid is clicking when the down but is pushed and the motor runs in both directions when it is jumped directly to the battery. I was wondering if the boat needed to be running for the lift to go down. Thank You for any help

Ok. I think one side of the motor solenoid is bad, therefore not letting the down movement. Any ideas where to get one at?

Back