Logo

Oil looks like light chocolate milk 1991 4.3 L

King1

Just changed the oil in my 1991 4.3 litre Alpha 1 and the oil looked like light chocolate milk,The boat was just ran yesterday and everything was perfect.This is the first oil change this season.Also what is the proper amount of oil required for the Alpha 1?? Thanks

Re: Oil looks like light chocolate milk

you mean the drive or the motor? Drive i would remove the prop, see if fishing line is wrapped around he shaft.

If the shaft is good then a pressure test of the drive is the next move, i do it with the oil in it do when it comes out you will know where?

The oil was drained from the engine block.The motor was not winterized and this was the first oil change of the season.

Cracked block,and or manifold. Look in the valley where the 2 heads meet common place for it to freeze.

Soo next your going to ask where to get a block.

And i'm going to say junk yard. Your going to say can a auto block work ?

And i'm going to say a 4.3 block same series is a gm block no different except the core plugs marine have to be brass and marine gaskets. Need a marine engine mounted water pump, switch it over from your old motor.

Soo i'm going to guess your motor is say a 85-87 give or take a year or 2 ether way, cause you didn't give the year.

So you need a 4.3 90' and before.

Soo your going to say maybe where can i get new ?

I'm going to say straight from gm. Or maybe Michigan motors .

See you didn't put up where in the world you are.

Soo if your in Fl maybe Rapido.

Hope this helped

Guy i'm getting cranker and cranker maybe a product of having 4 kids 22 - 13.

Getting grayer and grayer every day.

Tell me thats not how the thread would have went.

Thanks chief,and btw,i did mention it was a 91 model,and no, i was't going to ask any of the above ?'s.Thanks again and a good day to ya down here in South Carolina!

Bad day yesterday, hope it works out for you need a block and you want marine best guy is Rapido Fl.

Sorry about your problems with the motor.

chiefalen:

"Tell me thats not how the thread would have went." Most threads do. My boys are 23 & 36. I'm bald and what fuzz I have is gray. You need some generic Prozac--cold beer and/or a shot of whisky to relax.

King1:

"...the proper amount of oil required for the Alpha 1"

About 36 oz. w/o oil reservior.

http://www.ebasicpower.com/ is in S. Carolina. They are reliable.

Back