Logo

Internal Seal 1998 90 hp

AlaskaPat

I have water leaking into the flywheel chamber of my 1998 BF90. I saw where you mentioned that this problem was addressed for a 75hp engine in a bulletin number OUTBOARD MOTOR #26. I have also read this bulletin was updated to include the 90hp engines in 2003.

My problem is I can't find any information about this bulletin and neither can my Honda Service Dealer. What are we missing or is locating this bulletin extremely difficult? My service rep stated they can find nothing for my engine number, but it appears to the same problem and I see where other individuals have managed to get the problem fixed

Re: Internal Seal

The Service Bulletin was updated in September, 2003 and includes BF90 's 1996 -2001. d(based on their serial number ranges)

Your dealer should be able to access it on line on Honda IN, if they do not have a copy. It is under Service then Marine, then Bulletins. If they just put 26 or BF90 in the search, it will come up.

If they still can not find it, they can call Honda Tech Line and they will fax or email them a copy.

If your engine is no longer in warranty, they can ask for some consideration. However, due to everyone tightening their belts, it is unlikely that it will be covered under any sort of warranty. But at least it points to a potential fix for the problem.

Also, if they call Honda Tech Line, Tech line may have some other things to check.

Mike

Back