Logo

New silverton

I just picked up a 79 silverton with 318s, its been in the water for a month now and ive already been through alot of the problems iv read about, it came with crossed plug wires on the port motor bad ballasts a shorting wire behind the tach killed the starboard engine, anyway now i have a problem with the starboard motor again, both motors run great at high rpms but the last time i went out when i throttled down to no wake speed it (starboard) died put it in nuetral it started right back up ran for 2-3 min till i throttled down to idle it died again but this time it wouldnt start again. it started up one more time in the slip and that was it. any ideas id like to be ready to try something next time i go down there.It cranks over fine and it doesnt seem like carb to me because its just on or off no sputtering.

Sounds like carb flooding to me. Either that or the sticking advance caused someone to time it retarded.

Jeff

ill try to turn in the idle mix screws tomorrow, if the motor dosnt die what could be causing the flooding. ill also check the timing, thanks for the info

turned in both screws and the motor started to die out within one turn in of each screw (one at a time) over that would kill the engine completely.

Back