Logo

Needle seat ?

easy

How do I change the needle seat in a mariner carb. if the seat has no screwdriver slot ? please someone explain, thanks. :eek:

Year/horsepower and serial if you have it.

Some/most of the carbs have a pressed in seat that can not be replaced (unlike most OMC's which can be)..

Year/horsepower and serial if you have it.

Some/most of the carbs have a pressed in seat that can not be replaced (unlike most OMC's which can be)..
First off Thanks galamb for takeing the time 2 answer, It is a 1981 mariner , 50hp. 4cl. carbs are tillotson. ser.# 5964738 and also , I replaced the fuelpump gaskets & difr. the new kit had extra difram i put them both in , they were the same but 1 was grey ,shoud i take the grey one back out or leave it ? the carb had only the black rubery one in it.

My parts lists show the (2) diaphrams, but I am not familiar enough with that particular carb to say if it originally only had one, or the second was later added for some reason - maybe someone else can advise on that.

To your other question - like most carbs that Merc used over the years (including this model), the seats were never available as a separate part (at least through Merc).

My parts lists show the (2) diaphrams, but I am not familiar enough with that particular carb to say if it originally only had one, or the second was later added for some reason - maybe someone else can advise on that.

To your other question - like most carbs that Merc used over the years (including this model), the seats were never available as a separate part (at least through Merc).
Thanks much, .....You do not chang seat, if seat don't have a screwdriver slot then it probley don't come out, just replace needle . As to the fuel pump gaskets use the one thats just like the one that comes out of carb. A lot of kits have extra gaskets.

Back