Logo

I/O back up 1988 aq131 a

Rich9797

I have a 1988 21ft Glasstream 211 cuddy.The boat has a aq131a engine. I was wondering ,If I were out on the water and my engine would fail to start,would their be a back up 2 cycle or otherwise out board engine that I could mount? Anything that would get my back to shore without rowing, even though its a heavy boat?

Re: I/O back up

They sell kicker brackets that mount to your stern of your boat. There is even a linkage bar to connect to the main out drive to use the helm steering wheel. Get like a 9.9hp kicker motor and mount it up there also if you get a 4 stroke u can tie it into your main fuel tank. Also the kicker motor is great for trolling for fishing as my boat anyway tends to troll a little fast. (turns out it has a 14x19 prop on a 4 cyl). Just an idea though

They sell kicker brackets that mount to your stern of your boat. There is even a linkage bar to connect to the main out drive to use the helm steering wheel. Get like a 9.9hp kicker motor and mount it up there also if you get a 4 stroke u can tie it into your main fuel tank. Also the kicker motor is great for trolling for fishing as my boat anyway tends to troll a little fast. (turns out it has a 14x19 prop on a 4 cyl). Just an idea though

I'll second that. This is the way I rig my boat.

Me too. My boat is a 1986 2150 and I purchased a used Garelick heavy duty engine bracket and installed it to the transform. The measuring of where to place the bracket is critical and as I recall, the Garelick website has instructions you can use for whatever bracket you end up with.

I then tied the kicker (Nissan 9.8) to the main outdrive with an EZ-steer rod which allows me to steer the boat when the kicker is running from the main steering wheel.

Back