Logo

How to clean carb needle valve

jknoah

Hello , Recently I purchased a used 8HP honda outboard . With this engine#(BF8A,BZBC-1500205) I think It is 2000 model. It seems like not cared for a few years so I try to clean carb but I can't remove (clean) needle valve. The fuel flow clogged completely at needle valve, The gas could't reach into the bowl. It looks not a common carb needle valve like Mercurys or other outboards.Can someone help me?.

Attachments

• DSC02778.jpg
    DSC02778.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
re: "The fuel flow clogged completely at needle valve"... Actually very likely crap/water induced corrosion from ethanol spiked gas. Before you go and spend half a week trying to clean this up, find out from your local Honda dealer how much a new housing and valve will cost.

If you decide to try to fix it yourself, be careful. Usual fixes involve soaking the part in a some cleaner or another. Some cleaners will damage carbs if left to soak too long. I'd try something mild first, like alcohol and then white vinegar and then move onto more "energetic" stuff if that does not work. Need to find what that crap is solvent in.

Last edited:
Back