Logo

1997 Mariner 125

mike0805

Having trouble with "key alarm"????? Starts and idles fine, once it seems to get warm or running for a few min. the alarm will start to chirp on and off, inconsistant, then engine completly shuts down. When try to restart, key does not make a sound when you turn it back on, engine starts and will die as soon as the alarm goes off, water pump working, oil tank full? Any suggestions??

Read and re-read the warning horn system for the model just to make sure I understood it correctly.

It sounds like you have two separate issues.

The warning system on this model will ONLY sound a horn if it detects an oil or overheat issue, it WILL NOT kill the ignition.

Since you horn is kinda intermittent and the engine is "killing itself", my first suspicion would be that you have a short somewhere - likely in the main harness.

That could account for both of your symptoms being the result of a single source issue...

Thanks for your response. Thats what i was thinking also, a short? I will have to check for corrosion or wear in connection from key all the way the the engine. If i find the problem i will let you know, thanx again.

Back