Logo

Chyrsler Outboard

barryhawk

I have a Chrysler Outboard 75 HP with a model number -757HA and I am needing to locate a parts and service / repair manual. Could anyone determine the year model from the model number and direct me to a source for a good manual. Motor runs very good on an 18' older Starcraft and I would like to keep up the maintenance. Thanks.

First, cong
thanks no, no numbers...I need the whole switch....Im guessing any marine switch will for..Thanks
rats on keeping the old Pentastar outboard running. These motors got a bad rep principally because they were lower priced than the OMC or Mercury competitors so people assumed they were junk. Fact is they were made with a lot of the same parts and manufactured with the same technology, but had quite different design philosophies employed. The Chrysler was big and boxy unlike the slim, compact Mercury. You can get at most of the fasteners easily; a power head can be removed in about an hour. All cylinder head bolts and exhaust cover bolts can be removed with the power head in place. You can do a compression check on the bottom cylinder unlike a Mercury in-line 4 or 6.

Back